Inevitably, the Severe Winter Weather has arrived in our area. Here are a few important tips to keep you safe if a winter storm occurs:
- Stay inside.
- If you must go outside, avoid over exertion
- Dress warmly in layers of loose-fitting, light-weight clothing.
- Keep dry and remember to wear hats and mittens.
- Do not travel in a vehicle. If you must travel, never travel alone.
If a Blizzard Traps you on the Road:
- Don’t panic. Stay in the vehicle.
- Avoid over exertion and exposure.
- Keep down-wind window slightly open for fresh air.
- Run engine/heater sparingly.
- Beware of carbon monoxide.
- Exercise by clapping hands and moving legs, but don’t overdo it.
- Don’t let anyone sleep at the same time.
These useful tips should keep you safe in the event you find yourself facing a winter storm.
Do you have more ideas for protecting yourself from severe winter weather? I’d love to hear them; please leave your comments below!